woensdag 12 augustus 2009

the last moments of Polen

Friends,

I know we email a lot now, but we have to go on internet because we have to know where we are going and I think our family won't mind if we emailed too much :)

Our trainride to the north of Polen was one without a lot of sleep but its again a beautiful experience :) Oh, I have to tell this ( I know ou mothers would approve so sorry mammie :) We took the train from Krakow to Gyzicko but had to switch trains in Torun. So, like I said, we didn't had a lot of sleep so I was still trying to close my eyes when the train stopped for like the 50th time and I looked out of the window and saw we were in Torun! So I shook Simon and screamed we had to get off. Everything went so slowly, we had to wake up, grap our bag, put our shoes on, make sure we had everything and while we strumbeld in the corridor, I heard the whisle of the controlman. I pulled at the door but it was locked and the controlman stood next to me, I felt the train moving, and I screamed 'wij moeten er hier af!' ('we have to get off' in dutch) I knew he didn't understand me but I'm pretty sure he'd understood our movements and signs. Eventually an other man opened the door and we both jumped off the train, relieved and eventually we had a really big laugh with the two bewilderd and surely suprised faces of the men. After that shock we took a litlle train, not so adventurous but with amazing beautiful views, to Gizycko.

So we are our last moments in Gizycko, the north of Polen. It wasn't really what we expected, we thought it would be a nice lake what plenty of walking pads. Instead it is one camping after the other, so it is all protected by fences and no pad around the lake. So yesterday was a really lazy day. We were so tired and did a little walk but then reallized that it wasn't going to work and we really needed a good meal to weak up. So I spent most of the day reading my book in our tent while simon searched an internetcafe. And then we met Julien on our camping, he's a frenchman who is travelling in Europe for a couple of months, all by himself. So we exchanged our experience ( the little we have untill now), I found it a really nice evening. The one thing that frustrates me is that I can't express myself in another language as I want it to be, you understand? My french is so bad that I'm more quiet then I want to be and so it frustrates me that I want to join the conversation but the words just keep stuck in my head because I can't translate them in there language. It's not only with french, here in Polen they don't speak a lot of english or other languages so most of the time we can't explain what we are thinking. But yeah, I know that that is not going to be better if we head to Russia ;)

So, I think we are going to leave Polen and try to hitch hike trough Latvia and Lithuania in the next 3 to 4 days :) It is a long way up. You see, our plans are changing rapidly, we are not going to visit these countries because we want to spend a whole month in Russia. I'm a litlle scared for that, the big Russia, just because I don't know what to expect. But I'm really eager to go. A bit of nervousness is always good, isn't it?

Oke, I wrote way too much, so I have to stop :) We go know, write you soon!

kisses